Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hand stitching with Jen kingwell

A weekend of learning with Jen Kingwell .. We are hand stitching our blocks together, Jen has shown us how she hand stitches her quilts... Such a lovely tutor and her quilts are gorgeous ..

Kitznthingz have done such a fabulous job of this weekend 

I have started daisy Doo which is in Jens new book "Quilt Lovely"


There are some lovely blocks being done. 

I have posted some photos of Jens quilts and ......


and a discussion about battings... for hand quilting versus machine quilting..

Did you all know that there is a difference with battings.... as I hand quilt I was aware of this but a lot didn't and it does make a difference to ensure your batting doesn't shred if not secured by enough stitches. Also the scrim in battings can affect your ease to hand quilt... so be aware when purchasing batting to make sure that you have an idea of what type of quilting you want to do before you hand quilt.




Jen uses these boards to hold her piecing while she organises and stitches...  I have seen these before quite easy to make they are on Lori Holt's Bee in my Bonnet site. 

Thanks toAngela at Kitz n Thingz for holding this amazing workshop.. Go checkout their website..kitsnthingz 

Until next time happy stitching...
Sharon


2 comments:

Raewyn said...

I imagine a workshop with Jen Kingwell would have been great! I do admire her work, even if the colours aren't always 'quite me'. Your daisy is lovely, I look forward to seeing more!

Deb R said...

Ohhh gorgeous, I just bought Jens book and her latest pattern green beans?? Lol can't remember. Your work is gorgeous!